Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No pin = bin?

Options
  • 18-02-2019 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

I've an old Galaxy S7 that I had factory reset and signed in to give my Mother about 6-8 months ago. She decided at the time to stick with her iPhone so I thought no more of it at the time. I think I already know the answer to this but I cannot for the life of me remember the pin I set and neither can she, so I assume there's no options for it other than bin it (destroyed first of course)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭newirishman

A full factory reset might work, e.g.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203263/

It’ll obviously delete any data on the phone of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

A full factory reset might work, e.g.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203263/

It’ll obviously delete any data on the phone of course.

I'll give that a try cheers. It's of no real use only she wants to give it a try again now. There's no real data on it anyway, I'd only signed in her Google account before and she'd used it browsing, etc for a day or so but I never got as far as trying to import contacts, messages, whatsapps, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭istaunton

You should be able to enter the pin incorrect a few times then be given an option to reset it using your google login

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭corkie

If you can remember your google account associated with the device.

You maybe able to reset the pin/password with Android Device Manager.

https://one.comodo.com/blog/itsm/unlock-your-android-device-using-android-device-manager.php

Tried that before wiping/factory resetting the device, because that you could run into Factory Reset Protection,

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭pah

I've an old Galaxy S7 that I had factory reset and signed in to give my Mother about 6-8 months ago. She decided at the time to stick with her iPhone so I thought no more of it at the time. I think I already know the answer to this but I cannot for the life of me remember the pin I set and neither can she, so I assume there's no options for it other than bin it (destroyed first of course)?

Samsung phones are amongst the easiest to rest and get working again.

Google how to flash the latest firmware using Odin. Everything will be reset, but the phone will be good as new.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Cheers all, I doubt Android Device Manager was installed as it had just been factory reset and I've never had any success with that Odin thing. I'm after finding another phone for her now so I can let it sit.

Pin being incorrect just makes you wait increasingly longer times before entering again but never prompts for a Google account.

Advertisement