Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complaint about mod deletion of post in talk to forum

Options
  • 18-02-2019 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭

How do I complain about deleted posts and Moderator response in the talk to forum (BOI)
    I basically was accused of defamation, had my post deleted (I have screenshots of everything), I was then told in PM there was a general sense of something sinister afoot (so nothing specific), which there was not nor did I specifically or even vaguely imply BOI was involved in anything (nor do I suspect that) but clearly something is up when a customers money is missing from their BOI account, not an amount I authorised.

BOI have basically shut me down in the talk to forum, I may be dealing with customer services but after recent threads and an article in The Independant with BOI warning their customers (which I referred to) about a risk give me cause for concern.

BOI may as well close up shop in the "talk to forum" if this is how they treat enquiries,

Im unhappy about being shut down with false allegations, when what I want is a prompt response.

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to Help Desk as it's about a specific incident and not site-wide feedback.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

1874 wrote: »
    How do I complain about deleted posts and Moderator response in the talk to forum (BOI)
    I basically was accused of defamation, had my post deleted (I have screenshots of everything), I was then told in PM there was a general sense of something sinister afoot (so nothing specific), which there was not nor did I specifically or even vaguely imply BOI was involved in anything (nor do I suspect that) but clearly something is up when a customers money is missing from their BOI account, not an amount I authorised.

BOI have basically shut me down in the talk to forum, I may be dealing with customer services but after recent threads and an article in The Independant with BOI warning their customers (which I referred to) about a risk give me cause for concern.

BOI may as well close up shop in the "talk to forum" if this is how they treat enquiries,

Im unhappy about being shut down with false allegations, when what I want is a prompt response.

Just to repeat myself, Bank of Ireland have not shut you down. They do not have the power or the tools to do anything like that on this site. Any actions taken and the PMs you refer to were from me.

I said in my PM that there were POTENTIALLY defamatory comments in your post. Even above you are still referring to 'clearly something is up' as though something wrongdoing has occurred and your original post was in a similar vein. I could have removed the problematic comments but that would have left very little content so I removed it entirely, PM'd you to let you know what I'd done and why and to tell you you could start a new thread if you still had a query.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

You seem to be fine tuning this to your interpretation,
    You actually said
    "The post contained potentially defamatory material insinuating that Bank of Ireland might be involved in some sort of scam"
    not just

"I said in my PM that there were POTENTIALLY defamatory comments in your post"
    I never in the least bit insinuated BOI was somehow involved in a scam,

Saying "clearly something is up" doesnt mean I think BOI are dipping their hands into customers accounts, but clearly something is up if any quantity of money I didnt authorise is moved on a date I dont expect, but it is a huge leap to infer that Im saying BOI is taking the money, when I pointed to the fact that BOI actually warned people in an national newspaper online of a risk, when I said clearly something is up means something is up and other people are complaining in boards about money going missing and a national article makes me wonder if BOI is under some kind of cyber attack (which I didnt really want to mention), but as a customer, the first thing I need to do is highlight it immediately and enquire as to what the hell is going on. You chopping up and deleting my post did nothing to help me or the look of the talk to forum,

Is some other mod going to come along and interpret this and respond rather than yourself as Im not happy with the response, or whats the escalation process.

I dont think you can decide for yourself what defamation is when there is no defamation in a post, there was no general, specific or even vague accusation that BOI is involved in a sinister way themselves. I dont like being accused of it, and then to be told its very general sense its in the post, that was never the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Niamh is a member of the Boards HQ team and has greater authority than any mod on this site. In that sense, her response is the final word on this matter.

Without going into the specifics of your case, it should be mentioned that as a publisher of material Boards may be held accountable for defamatory comments posted by its members. Therefore we take action when we perceive comments to be derogatory or potentially derogatory. This is both to protect Boards, but also the user themselves who may not fully realise the impact of what they are saying.

If you wish to continue to debate this, I’m afraid I cannot help as Niamh has already made a call on this. To continue further, I suggest contacting HQ directly via hello@boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭1874

I never accused or insinuated anything, I was told in PM later that there was a general sense of it being such, but nothing specific or even vague, just one persons opinion, I screenprinted everything I said and reread it all, I never accused BOI of pilfering my missing money, I thought they or I had been subjected to somethign else

• Advertisement
Advertisement