Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad news from The Waldorf Barbers

Options
  • 18-02-2019 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Liam Finnegan passed away. Sad loss to the world of barbering. The man was giant within the trade, a gentleman and a generous soul.
    My fondest memory of him was when I brought my father in law in for a shave. The father in law has a face like a welders bench with more contours then a Himalayan mountain silhouette, a series of deep deep wrinkles. Undeterred Liam proceeded to shave him, making pass after pass working his way into the depths of the wrinkles until after about 6 passes the father in law was cleanshaven.
    He was a man of infinite patience. Watching Liam sharpen his blades was mesmerising and would induce a Zen like tranquillity.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

RIP.

I often try to make a trip there when I'm in Dublin - usually first thing Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Such a lovely man. Had an amazing ability to cut your hair without picking up a scissors - using only a cutthroat razor. Gentle and kind and great to talk to. He’ll be sorely missed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Very sad to hear. Such a nice man.

Advertisement