Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband options without phone line

Options
  • 17-02-2019 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to find out what options do I have if i have no phone line in the house online but information isn't clear, hence coming to the boards see if anyone has any experiences in this.

I should say that the question above is except Virgin Media, who provides such a service. The reason is that virgin media price is going up every year now at nearly 100 euro a month, it is too expensive.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

The only other option you have is lte broadband. I have 3 not the best but it does the job.
    I think imagine do it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

VM Broadband isnt €100/mo so are you subbing for triple/quad play? If so your question should be rephrased to include what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dublin2000

ED E wrote: »
    VM Broadband isnt €100/mo so are you subbing for triple/quad play? If so your question should be rephrased to include what you want.

Hi, I should be a bit more precise, I'm currently paying 94 euros a month for broadband and TV with VM so you are right, not 100 euro for broadband only. I still think it is too expensive. I want to see my options for broadband as I suppose TV you don't have to have a phone line, but most of brodband providers need to have a landline in place. Hence my question - what broadband provider option do i have for decent broadband with no phone line in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You wont save much without bundling in most cases.

EirVision, Vodafone TV and Sky Q will be copper line based*. You dont need to subscribe to a phone service if you dont want one if you can accommodate an installation.

*Outside of FTTH areas

Advertisement