Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bodywork recommendation, west Dublin

Options
  • 15-02-2019 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Could anyone please suggest a reputable bodywork professional? I have been hit recently, the guy has owned up to the liability, he will be paying for it himself. To be completely honest, it was a really small tip, but I have just received a quote for €1400. The company that I went to for this quote is a company I trust as I've had work done through them before. I am just a bit sympathetic to the guy who hit me and I am looking for another quote as an alternative for him.

I would be extremely grateful. Thank you very much.

2012 Lexus CT200H West Dublin Area, will travel for highly reputable professional.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Can you put up a picture of the 'tip'.
    And what part of the country are you in.

Edit; sorry I see you're in west Dublin

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

emeldc wrote: »
    Can you put up a picture of the 'tip'.
    And what part of the country are you in.

West Dublin it seems.

And yeah a picture would help. Body work is never cheap unfortunately...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Here are the pictures guys. It's not very clear as these were the pictures immediately after the hit. I've gotten a wash since then and the visible damage as far as I can see are just scratches to the panels and to the alloys.

EDIT: Just to say as well that this is the rear right side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Here are the pictures guys. It's not very clear as these were the pictures immediately after the hit. I've gotten a wash since then and the visible damage as far as I can see are just scratches to the panels and to the alloys.

Car Cosemtix in Sandyford have done great work for me in past. Can get a quote from their website by uploading pics of the damage

Car Cosemtix in Sandyford have done great work for me in past. Can get a quote from their website by uploading pics of the damage

Quote request sent just now. Thank you very much for the recommendation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

€1400 might be a bit steep alright. If I was paying for it myself I'd expect to pay 300 - 400 per panel and 100 for the refurb on the alloy. I'ts difficult to see from the pics how much actual repair work is needed.

Here are more pictures if it helps. Thank you guys.

And last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Trimtech over in Swords/Santry do great work

Advertisement