Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inspection of house

Options
  • 14-02-2019 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi everyone. So I have a quick question. The agent who is dealing with the LL in relation to the house wants to inspect the house. I have no problem's whatsoever about this since I am obliged to allow the LL or his represantative to view the house.

But the agent told me over the phone that on the day of the inspection he'd be taking pictures of the house.

Is this legal? Why would he want to take photos?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Subutai

Hi everyone. So I have a quick question. The agent who is dealing with the LL in relation to the house wants to inspect the house. I have no problem's whatsoever about this since I am obliged to allow the LL or his represantative to view the house.

But the agent told me over the phone that on the day of the inspection he'd be taking pictures of the house.

Is this legal? Why would he want to take photos?

Yes it's legal. He would want photos to show the landlord the state that the property is in, and as evidence in case that state deteriorates.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The agent is taking pictures to report back. Look for copies if you can to add to the ones you took when you moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ninjarambohd

OK, thank you both for your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

A clever landlord takes photos before you move in. Estate agent takes photos now and landlord compares the two sets of photos. This gives landlord a good idea of changes since you moved in.

A clever tenant takes photos the day they move in. They will also take photos the day the estate agent is there. This way you have your own records /proof

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭ninjarambohd

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    A clever landlord takes photos before you move in. Estate agent takes photos now and landlord compares the two sets of photos. This gives landlord a good idea of changes since you moved in.

A clever tenant takes photos the day they move in. They will also take photos the day the estate agent is there. This way you have your own records /proof

Thank you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement