Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AR15 Stock Tube, Pistol Grip and Foregrip = "idontlikethelookofda"?

Options
  • 14-02-2019 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

I was thinking of putting together a custom stock with AR15 buffer tube with MOE stock, some sort of AR-15 pistol grip and an AFG on the forend, it's for a 10/22

I've seen many chasis set up like this for sale so I imagine it's legal on an unrestricted license, but would this fall afoul of the "idontlikethelookofda" brigade?

I already of the rifle licenced, so as long as I have the original stock come renewal it should be fine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

What rifle are these upgrades going to be fitted to ?

It's hard to second guess the powers that be but nothing you're suggesting changes the workings of your rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

What rifle are these upgrades going to be fitted to ?

It's hard to second guess the powers that be but nothing you're suggesting changes the workings of your rifle.

I'm a gob****e, meant to say its for a 10/22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

I don't even like the sound of that ; ))

• Registered Users Posts: 14,955 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You can hang all that stuff on an unrestricted rifle no problem. Heck! Go all out and get the bayonet adaptor for it too!!:)
    Now the "I don like de look odatnow" brigade. it depends. If it is our guardians of law and order, Nothing for them to be worried about as all that is legal.PROVIDED you keep a 10 shot mag in it!They are more concerned about capacity rather than looks in unrestricted guns.

The other type that might express this opinion are the "Fudds" that occasionally inhabit your local shooting range or clayground.Easily identified, by their espousal that anything in firearms that has developed past a bolt action or side by side shotgun is the work of the Devil himself and has no place in the shooting world.

There is the rarer breed around "the military/police Fudd" Easily recognised by it's call that it was a former firearm carrying officer in the police,or spent many a year in the Army, SAS, ARW, or more like the catering corps or being in charge of military steam rollers:rolleyes:. From their "experience of carrying a firearm on a daily basis" no one needs a high capacity,high velocity military style pistol,or a "semi full auto rifle" And those who do want one are playing soldiers and should join the police or military, blah, blah, blah,yadda, yadda...

Fortunately, in Ireland, both breeds are becoming a more endangered breed than common.So as they are both annoying ol farts,with no power or authority,I'd ignore them and shoot what type of gun you fancy yourself. Kit it out with everything you like and want and it can hold legally, and paint it in Hello Kitty Pink too,if that floats your boat. People forget one major aspect of shooting here ..its supposed to be goddam FUN!

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Brontosaurus

I'll get on it I'll get on it so

• Advertisement
Advertisement