Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Dog has started toileting in house again

Options
  • 14-02-2019 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Got some great advice about toilet training our rescue pooch and he's been coming on leaps and bounds with settling in.

He had been sleeping in the crate and been taken out regularly. Its been no problem for the past few months.
    So much so that he's been sleeping on the bed with us and other pooch. He will normally wake my husband if he's not already up to take him out

This morning we woke up to ****mageddon!! He has literally pee'd and poo'd in every room and I just have no idea what to do about it as he hasn't done that for months?

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

Is he sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

It's ok, just back from the vets and he has a urinary infection and given antibiotics. Just panicked while waiting for appt worrying if it was a behavioral issue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mince Pie wrote: »
    It's ok, just back from the vets and he has a urinary infection and given antibiotics. Just panicked while waiting for appt worrying if it was a behavioral issue.

Great! Just reading your op, I was about to reply "you need to get him to the vet"... But you're way ahead of me!
    Sudden changes particularly in toileting behaviour are almost invariably due to an underlying medical cause. Glad you got a diagnosis that explains it :)
    Also... Lol @ ****mageddon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

DBB wrote: »
    Great! Just reading your op, I was about to reply "you need to get him to the vet"... But you're way ahead of me!
    Sudden changes particularly in toileting behaviour are almost invariably due to an underlying medical cause. Glad you got a diagnosis that explains it :)
    Also... Lol @ ****mageddon :D

Oh not the first time we've woken up to poorly dog ****mageddon. Lol.
    Luckily I have a vet friend but she lives down south so I can ask questions but I really dislike doing it unless I have too. But I did today and she said 'get him to the vet' which I already knew.
    I also had to move their care from previous vets so they were currently in limbo so got them registered in new one today. But added to the panic. Didn't want to take them to the one I have a have a mild grievance with.

Advertisement