Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First PC Build - €575

Options
  • 13-02-2019 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? €575 give or take

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Be able to play most modern games comfortably, be able to run multiple software heavy editing programs seamlessly e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have an SSD from my old PC which contains Windows 10 etc. Also have a 500gb HDD which I could reuse. I have 2 monitors that are quite old.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes

5a. If yes, what size do you need. 24' would be nice. Would be willing to get a smaller one. As stated earlier, I have 2 old Dell monitors that are not worth talking about.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser

9. When are you purchasing? ASAP and willing to wait for the right build.

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Galway. I imagine I'd be able to manage it myself but if someone is willing to help I will not turn down the offer.

I have been looking at a pre built PC that was posted somewhere on here. Is this by best option? As I was told this is a bargain.
    Unable to post a link due to new user issue..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭cr-07

Details on pre built PC (£499.94):
    - AWD Stronghold 2600 Six Core 3.9GHz RX 580 8GB Desktop Gaming PC
    - Mobo: Asus A320M-K
    - CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.9GHz Six Core
    - GPU: AMD RX 580 8GB RED DRAGON V2
    - RAM: Corsair 8GB Value (2x4GB) 2400Mhz DDR4
    - SSD: 240GB
    - Case: KOLINK Stronghold

Link is on the bargain alert thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I don't think you'll beat the above build for that price. I have an RX 480 and ryzen 2600 and play games very comfortably at 1080p so I'd imagine the 580 would do even better 

I'd recommend reinstalling windows 10 instead of just sticking your current install in a new build to avoid drivers clashing from different hardware. Just keep your windows 10 key safe and if any issues getting new build verified just call up Microsoft and they sort it for you.

Advertisement