Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will taxis take pets?

Options
  • 13-02-2019 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

We are currently a 2 car household, but really don't need to be. We could sell our second car for quite a bit of money and make some yearly savings by only having one.

But, the one and only issue is if one of us is at work and a pet needs an emergency trip to the vet. We have 3 cats at the moment and may get a dog in the future.

So, does anyone know if taxis will take a cat in a carrier?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

some will, some won't. There's no hard and fast rule, however I'd say once it's a cat in a carrier I'd say you'd find that easier than a dog on a lead, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Well it would be my husband that would be using the car mostly and to be honest, if it were a true life or death emergency, he would just call in to work and explain.

It's highly unlikely we'd have to rely on a taxi, I'm just trying to cover my bases before we make a decision.

Advertisement