Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Movie House Cinema

Options
  • 12-02-2019 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,728 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Has anyone ever been to the Movie House cinema in Belfast? Whats it like. I see it will be closing in the next few months. Never been myself.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭mbradso2003

Been to the 2 locations (Dublin Road and Yorkgate) grand cinemas altho, only offered used 3D glasses in Dublin Road once..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

The Dublin road is a lovely big old school cinema, despite being a relatively new building, opening around 12 years ago which is when I moved to Belfast as a youngun. Comfortable seats, loads of screens, well priced, it's just around the corner from work on my way home and has been for years. I will dearly miss it.

There are other cinemas around but the Odeon in Victoria square is devoid of all character, more expensive and the seats are quite uncomfortable. There's a Storm cinema in the Odyssey but it is quite out of the way and I haven't been in years. Movie house still run York Gate, and the Kennedy centre Omniplex is nice enough.

I've had The Strand cinema on my list to visit for a while now, a lovely art deco building that seems to have a nice community feel around it, there's also Queens Film Theatre which I have yet to visit... i've only been talking about it for the last 10 years.

Advertisement