Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is F2000 in bridge mode compulsory for alternative home network setup

Options
  • 12-02-2019 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Linux admin by trade, but telecoms and networking not something I know much about

Current setup at home

Eir BB 100mbs, max I can get also. F2000 router/modem supplied in use.

I want to completely get rid of this F2000, is it possible. I know one option is to put it in bridge mode, and use any alternative router I want.

Is there anything else I can do to replace the F2000, even using it in bridge mode I dont think I can trust the software performance, its an abysmal piece of kit.

Will happily spend a few bob for a proper setup, like the ubiquiti hardware.

Have a lot of devices at home, 2 4 port gb switches that feed into, some rack servers and nas devices around the house via powerlines. So prefer something higher end then a micky mouse consumer wireless modem/router.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anything that supports VDSL2 with g.vector should work. We have a thread here with known good units.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Picked up a "used" but perfect condition TP-Link AC2800 (Archer VR2800) off amazon UK for 130

works perfect and does all my needs

Advertisement