Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munich Tools chainsaw

Options
  • 12-02-2019 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been looking at getting my first chainsaw for a while and a brand new one has fallen in my lap through a friend of a friend sort of thing.

Offered it for €100, not sure what original price was so no idea if it's good value.

Main concern though is build quality. I can't find anything online about this saw or the manufacturer. Name and logo would suggest German made but I doubt it. Website is very amateurish, the about us is blank and they've got maybe 10 products listed most of which seem to be sold out which is odd for a manufacturer. Also it's described as a gasoline engine which would imply American market.

Specs are (from link below): vv 52cc gasoline engine; 3 Horse Power ; blade length about 45cm; easy starter; chilled air; 2-stroke engine; 1cylinder

Has anyone ever heard of them? Only reference to the chainsaw itself I could find was on a Dutch auction site -> https://www.troostwijkauctions.com/uk/chain-saw/03-26214-30956-4867886/

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭00wyk

It appears Chinese in manufacture and origin - perhaps another ubiquitous copy of the Zenoah 50cc saw. These are rarely made to the same quality and spec of the original. This means it is unlikely to conform to European specifications as far as emissions and safety.

Not being able to find a manufacturer or any data regarding a chainsaw is a good indication it isn't a brand that can be easily trusted for quality and safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Thanks 00wyk, yeah was thinking the same and gut instinct was to pass on it. Just wanted to see if I was missing something.

€100 seems like a good deal but think I'll stick with my original idea of buying a well known brand with a smaller blade. Would rather pay more in cash then risk life and limb to save a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Here's an old ad for one on Adverts.ie:
    https://www.adverts.ie/chainsaws/munich-tools-chainsaw/16346626

It looks like the utter sh1te I suspect it to be.
    Standard Chinese knock-off crap, as found at the finest car-boot sales and in the vans of uninvited/unwanted First Nation free-range 'salesmen'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Melodeon wrote: »
    Here's an old ad for one on Adverts.ie:
    https://www.adverts.ie/chainsaws/munich-tools-chainsaw/16346626

It looks like the utter sh1te I suspect it to be.
    Standard Chinese knock-off crap, as found at the finest car-boot sales and in the vans of uninvited/unwanted First Nation free-range 'salesmen'.

Cheers Melodeon, yeah when a companys website "About Us" page is simply a form for you to enter your name, address and a message (about what???) and there are no contact or company details something doesn't smell right :P

Advertisement