Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal alarm sounder and high pitch tone

Options
  • 11-02-2019 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭

Looking for some help with an issue im having with the alarm system. The internal alarm sounder was making a high pitch sound on a 24/7 basis. I replaced it with a new identical one I got from euro sales and the problem was fixed. That was about a week ago and the issue has returned. I'm an electrician but never had much experience with alarms. Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I can't link the sounder but its a standard RF Echo from the euro sales website which cost a €10.34

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

I can't link the sounder but its a standard RF Echo from the euro sales website which cost a €10.34

Are you sure its a RF?

Sorry it's an ECHO ECHO my bad. I replaced like for like and the internals were identical

Sorry it's an ECHO ECHO my bad. I replaced like for like and the internals were identical

You could try putting a 4k7 resistor across the terminals but if it's a new device it should not be making that noise.

Anything else wired in with it?

No its right next to the panel and wired in direct. Old sounder was in 8 years with no issue and the new one is identical. Leading me to believe its a panel issue.

• Advertisement

No its right next to the panel and wired in direct. Old sounder was in 8 years with no issue and the new one is identical. Leading me to believe its a panel issue.

You could set up another output on the panel and move it to that and see if it sorts it for you

altor wrote: »
    You could set up another output on the panel and move it to that and see if it sorts it for you

Would be above my skills. A nice guy of the forum rang me and walked me through the trouble shooting. Looks like a battery issue. Battery is in 8+years so im going to change it out for a new one. Internal sounder has been disconnected for now. Thanks for the help

Would be above my skills. A nice guy of the forum rang me and walked me through the trouble shooting. Looks like a battery issue. Battery is in 8+years so im going to change it out for a new one. Internal sounder has been disconnected for now. Thanks for the help

Ah, pity they didnt talk you through setting up another output to rule out the issue.
    Any other questions let us know.

Advertisement