Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre installation

Options
  • 11-02-2019 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi
    Had the engineer out this morning to install my FTTH line. I knew before hand that installation would not go ahead due to location of the pole with the black box on it. Line goes under ground after that pole on opposite side of main road to my house. So only possible way to get line across to my house is by putting up at least two new poles. I’ve never had a phone line before. Does anyone know if there is a cost to having poles erected. Fortunately the location of first pole will be in my fathers land so no issues with permission.
    If any Eir people online could help it would be great

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

What advice did the guy that called give?
    AFAIK any work done on private land is at your own expense.
    Would it be possible to install ducting from the pole to your house?
    Ducting is more future proof than erecting poles.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Johnjsm21

tuxy wrote: »
    What advice did the guy that called give?
    AFAIK any work done on private land is at your own expense.
    Would it be possible to install ducting from the pole to your house?
    Ducting is more future proof than erecting poles.

He said that he didn’t think there would be any cost but wasn’t certain. I guess he couldn’t give definite answer as I could say to eir that engineer said no cost. He mentioned going across the riad with ducting but said expense would be too high and eir wouldn’t do it as it’s a major main road. Sure I’ll just wait and see. He’s sent in report so said to expect a call from guys that would be doing the poles. All the poles around the area are in private land.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Maybe ask on the main FTTH thread, lots of knowledgeable guys on there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057871133&page=481

The answer might be useful for other people too.

Advertisement