Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T4 - Taxback - Moved Back to Eire

Options
  • 10-02-2019 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

So I moved back to Ireland mid 2018, and just received my 2018 T4 for those 6 months worked in 2018 in Canada.

What are the options to get my taxback? I assume I am unable to do it myself through free software as I no longer have a Canadian bank account or address and they won't issue the refund to a non Canadian bank.

Does that leave me with taxback.com who charge 15% of what you are owed, assume turbotax would be similar..

Anyone have other options or experience with the above?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I used TurboTax with a flat fee of CAD$40 last year (for 2017); plan to do the same this year, but waiting on my T4 (I think the last job sent it to my old address, rather than my Irish address).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

the_syco wrote: »
    I used TurboTax with a flat fee of CAD$40 last year (for 2017); plan to do the same this year, but waiting on my T4 (I think the last job sent it to my old address, rather than my Irish address).

How do turbotax pay the return to you and do you need a canadian address. I still have an active bank account. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Don't have my T4 as of yet, so didn't complete it, but there was an option to have your address as "not Canadian" (I selected that).

Advertisement