Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Log cabin on commercial ground

Options
  • 10-02-2019 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys
    We need to do some substantial repair/rebuild on our family home.whick will take a considerable amount of time to do
    I own a small piece of commercial ground which I operate a repair business out of .Iam hoping that I can purchase a three bedroom log cabin and place this in my yard and live there for probably at least a year until our home is finished,
    My question is do any of ye guys know is this illegal,would this cause me trouble?.Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,957 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You're in the wrong thread.

But you will need planning permission for change of use and I don't think any of the log cabins comply with building regulations. Even if you wanted to live on the residential section you would still need planning permission to live in the log cabin, which you won't get as it does not comply with regulations.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Moved from Bargain Alerts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hi guys
    We need to do some substantial repair/rebuild on our family home.whick will take a considerable amount of time to do
    I own a small piece of commercial ground which I operate a repair business out of .Iam hoping that I can purchase a three bedroom log cabin and place this in my yard and live there for probably at least a year until our home is finished,
    My question is do any of ye guys know is this illegal,would this cause me trouble?.Any answers or advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you very much

Planning required

• Registered Users Posts: 10,267 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thanks o.p., bought 3

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

What'll you do about the sewage?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,358 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi guys
    Thank you very much

as already stated, planning required, and most probably will be refused

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

What are the consequences if he just goes ahead with it ?

Fines ?

By the time it goes through the legal process it will have served its purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

vidapura wrote: »
    What'll you do about the sewage?

Easy.

Same way a camper van / motor home manages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

The Planning Authority have the option of seeking an injunction under the Planning Acts to remove the unauthorised development.
    Such an application can be served and heard very quickly,
    On facts given there would be no realistic defence
    And no, the court is very unlikely to adjourn the application until there is a decision on a planning application

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

green123 wrote: »
    What are the consequences if he just goes ahead with it ?

Fines ?

By the time it goes through the legal process it will have served its purpose?
    green123 wrote: »
    Easy.

Same way a camper van / motor home manages.

We obey the law in this forum

Please read the forum charter before posting again. Thanks

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036302

• Advertisement
Advertisement