Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aptus

Options
  • 10-02-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi
    Is anyone here with Aptus? I am considering leaving imagine to try the Aptus ultra package.
    I'm not happy with the speeds I am getting now, Aptus offer similar but I don't want to end up worse off.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭mosesgun

bergipau wrote: »
    Hi
    Is anyone here with Aptus? I am considering leaving imagine to try the Aptus ultra package.
    I'm not happy with the speeds I am getting now, Aptus offer similar but I don't want to end up worse off.

Thanks

I am with Aptus for a good few years now. I recently upgraded to their 100Mbps Ultra package. Worried I'll jinx it now but its really good. Delighted we upgraded. I'll often get very close to advertised speed. Can't complain at all with it. Not sure if its available in every area though. I'm based near Borris Co. Carlow.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭bergipau

mosesgun wrote: »
    I am with Aptus for a good few years now. I recently upgraded to their 100Mbps Ultra package. Worried I'll jinx it now but its really good. Delighted we upgraded. I'll often get very close to advertised speed. Can't complain at all with it. Not sure if its available in every area though. I'm based near Borris Co. Carlow.

Good to hear. What router do the use?

bergipau wrote: »
    Good to hear. What router do the use?

It's called a "Fritz!Box 4040". I've no idea if that's good or bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Kilree

Hi What are your evening/ night-time speeds like?

Kilree wrote: »
    Hi What are your evening/ night-time speeds like?

It differs depending on how many people are using the internet in the house etc but I've been really surprised. Even with 5 people on the internet I could see speeds of 50 down and maybe 8 or 9 up. When the kids are gone to bed I will regularly see 85 or 90 down. I'm just waiting for it all to go wrong :-)

• Advertisement

It differs depending on how many people are using the internet in the house etc but I've been really surprised. Even with 5 people on the internet I could see speeds of 50 down and maybe 8 or 9 up. When the kids are gone to bed I will regularly see 85 or 90 down. I'm just waiting for it all to go wrong :-)

Yep it sounds too good to be true. :)

Yep it sounds too good to be true. :)

Are you using them or just considering going with them?

No. At the moment I have BB through my telephone line. I'm not a million miles away from you and recently had Imagine out to test for reception. They could not get a proper signal at my location so I could not proceed. I subsequently discovered that some posters on Boards were having nightmares with Imagine regarding evening and night-time speeds and I reckon I might have dodged a bullet there. Had been in touch with Aptus but because of the wireless nature of their product was hesitant to go any further. Presently I have something in the order of 8 to 10 download and a miserable upload but my location is shortly due to go Fibre (not FTTH) and I would say that my speeds will probably double when that happens.

No. At the moment I have BB through my telephone line. I'm not a million miles away from you and recently had Imagine out to test for reception. They could not get a proper signal at my location so I could not proceed. I subsequently discovered that some posters on Boards were having nightmares with Imagine regarding evening and night-time speeds and I reckon I might have dodged a bullet there. Had been in touch with Aptus but because of the wireless nature of their product was hesitant to go any further. Presently I have something in the order of 8 to 10 download and a miserable upload but my location is shortly due to go Fibre (not FTTH) and I would say that my speeds will probably double when that happens.

Ah ok. Imagine actually put a big sign near my house telling me that their ultra fast broadband was available in my area. I rang Aptus telling them that I'd be cancelling and telling them they'd have to up their game to keep customers! Imagine then came to do a test and told us they couldn't give us the speeds as our location wouldn't allow it! I then had to ring Aptus back and pretend I was giving them another chance :-) I then upgraded to their Ultra 100Mb download package and so far fingers crossed it's ideal. The fastest Imagine were offering was 75 I think and I've also heard of many horror stories with their speed. I'd say I'll be waiting a long time for Fibre to be available in my area.

Ah ok. Imagine actually put a big sign near my house telling me that their ultra fast broadband was available in my area. I rang Aptus telling them that I'd be cancelling and telling them they'd have to up their game to keep customers! Imagine then came to do a test and told us they couldn't give us the speeds as our location wouldn't allow it! I then had to ring Aptus back and pretend I was giving them another chance :-) I then upgraded to their Ultra 100Mb download package and so far fingers crossed it's ideal. The fastest Imagine were offering was 75 I think and I've also heard of many horror stories with their speed. I'd say I'll be waiting a long time for Fibre to be available in my area.

The crazy thing in my case was that Imagine using Speedtest were looking at something in the order of 150 DL but the "metrics" (whatever that is) were very poor so I was marked as a fail. Aptus seem to be on the ball at least with contact from their sales team but I think I'll wait and see what the fibre rollout has in store.

• Advertisement
Advertisement