Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clúid housing

Options
  • 09-02-2019 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi was just wondering can anyone help me I’m on kildare co council housing list 12 years and recently got an interview for a new Clúid house,I’m currently on ras in two bed apt with my husband and three kids,does anyone know would I be with other family’s who are goin for the same house,and would I be in with a good chance,the council rang me yesterday asking me to ring my landlord and tell her I might be moving out and to ring her out of courtesy so I’m a bit confused 🀷*♀️ any help much appreciated.

Thanks everyone for the reply’s, just to clear few things up me and my husband ain’t scrpungers,we came on hard times he works any hours he can in a ****ty job,we’re on low pay I’ve been on council list before I met my husband that’s why I was on ras,we pay our rent don’t want hand outs just a chance not to be tarred with the same brush,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

recently got an interview for a new Clúid house
    TBH, you got an interview. Until you get the house, maybe don't say anything to the landlord, otherwise you could find yourself without a place if you don't get the Clúid house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Hi was just wondering can anyone help me I’m on kildare co council housing list 12 years and recently got an interview for a new Clúid house,I’m currently on ras in two bed apt with my husband and three kids,does anyone know would I be with other family’s who are goin for the same house,and would I be in with a good chance,the council rang me yesterday asking me to ring my landlord and tell her I might be moving out and to ring her out of courtesy so I’m a bit confused 🀷*♀️ any help much appreciated

Get a mortgage like the rest of us.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

How can one get a mortgage while on benefits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Where’s the mention of benefits?

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

The op said she is on ras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

This is an extremely snobby comment. Not everyone can get a mortgage.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This isn't AH. Just because its late at night and there isn't much traffic elsewhere doesn't allow AH standards to extend beyond there

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi was just wondering can anyone help me I’m on kildare co council housing list 12 years and recently got an interview for a new Clúid house,I’m currently on ras in two bed apt with my husband and three kids,does anyone know would I be with other family’s who are goin for the same house,and would I be in with a good chance,the council rang me yesterday asking me to ring my landlord and tell her I might be moving out and to ring her out of courtesy so I’m a bit confused ��*♀️ any help much appreciated

Its a competitive interview- Clúid will have been given a list of the next 'x' number of eligible applicants from the local authority. The 6-8 families- are interviewed seperately over the course of 8-10 days, and Clúid decide who would best fit into the development (cognisant of the other residents etc- they aren't just looking at your circumstances).

In all fairness- they are reasonably prompt- I'd fully expect you to hear back from them in under 2 weeks- however, I'd not say anything at all to your landlord- as you are now part of a beauty contest for the Clúid property- even if your interview goes swimmingly- there is nothing to say that they won't choose someone else.

Put your best foot forward- but don't assume anything- regardless of what they say on the day- until they hand you the keys.

Yes, your landlord has been good to you- however, you're not doing them- or yourself, any favours- by drawing attention to the fact that you might be leaving- when its a 'chance' rather than anything guaranteed.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Themadone1985

Excuse me my husband works his ass off and pays taxes,if we could qualify for a mortgage course we would get one,

No benefits just hard working husband we came on hard times but that’s a long story,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Excuse me my husband works his ass off and pays taxes,if we could qualify for a mortgage course we would get one,

Ignore those types. All they want is a response.
    Good luck with the interview.

Its a competitive interview- Clúid will have been given a list of the next 'x' number of eligible applicants from the local authority. The 6-8 families- are interviewed seperately over the course of 8-10 days, and Clúid decide who would best fit into the development (cognisant of the other residents etc- they aren't just looking at your circumstances).

In all fairness- they are reasonably prompt- I'd fully expect you to hear back from them in under 2 weeks- however, I'd not say anything at all to your landlord- as you are now part of a beauty contest for the Clúid property- even if your interview goes swimmingly- there is nothing to say that they won't choose someone else.

Put your best foot forward- but don't assume anything- regardless of what they say on the day- until they hand you the keys.

Yes, your landlord has been good to you- however, you're not doing them- or yourself, any favours- by drawing attention to the fact that you might be leaving- when its a 'chance' rather than anything guaranteed.........

Thank very much xx

Advertisement