Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life insurance and mortgage protection average cost

Options
  • 09-02-2019 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all!

I know it depends on health conditions/ mortgage term/ age/ whether smokers or not etc but I was wondering how much on average do you pay for life insurance and mortgage protection?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Jack_92 wrote: »
    Hi all!

I know it depends on health conditions/ mortgage term/ age/ whether smokers or not etc but I was wondering how much on average do you pay for life insurance and mortgage protection?

Thanks

I pay €10/mths for mortgage protection, and €19/mth for life insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Jack_92 wrote: »
    Hi all!

Thanks

Because of my BMI the amount went up over 225%

I was quoted 1st €25 but that went up to €49 a month.

House insurance is a must too so got that for €294 through JLT brokers in cherrywood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

38 pm on 175k for me and my wife. Would be about 25 before loading for a medical condition. Took months to sort out. Painful experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Life insurance is actually cheap enough. It’s when you add for critical illnesses that it sky rockets

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is entirely dependent on age, health and the value of the loan - there is no "average" as all three vary

I pay 9.90 a month for mortgage protection, which is about as low as you can possibly go as most insurers have a minimum premium. This is with a minor chronic condition that they decided didn't even need a doctors form let alone a medical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭micar

screamer wrote: »
    Life insurance is actually cheap enough. It’s when you add for critical illnesses that it sky rockets

Yep....critical illness is twice the cost of life cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Do we need both life insurance and mortgage protection?

I thought house insurance and mortgage protection is all we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Mortgage protection and house insurance is it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I suppose it depends on your circumstances. You’re not obliged to have life insurance. But I’ve enough kids that if anything happened to me and the OH, I’d need some sort of carrot to dangle at someone to take them on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Ok, that's clear now.
    jlm29 wrote: »
    I suppose it depends on your circumstances. You’re not obliged to have life insurance. But I’ve enough kids that if anything happened to me and the OH, I’d need some sort of carrot to dangle at someone to take them on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement