Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arranging access for house survey

Options
  • 09-02-2019 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

When I have bought houses before in England, the surveyor always contacted the estate agents directly to make arrangements. I have been asked by my surveyor in Ireland to contact the Auctioneers myself to arrange access. Is this how business is routinely carried out? It seems very backward.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

complicit wrote: »
    When I have bought houses before in England, the surveyor always contacted the estate agents directly to make arrangements. I have been asked by my surveyor in Ireland to contact the Auctioneers myself to arrange access. Is this how business is routinely carried out? It seems very backward.

Seems very lazy on their part.
    Both times I've bought, I used different surveyors and only needed to give the EA details to the surveyor. The surveyor will arrange the time and date with the EA then.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

Same as above for me. All arrangements were done via the estate agent and engineer and we were just contacted when the survey was done so we could go out to the house and discuss the findings with the engineer.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

complicit wrote: »
    Are you buying via an EA or an Auctioneer in Ireland? They can be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

I had to organise the time and date with the engineer and then check with the EA that this was ok. Maybe it varies depending on individual engineers and EAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Mine was organised between the EA and the surveyor. I just gave the surveyor the EA's details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

The valuer and the surveyor both arranged access through the estate agent when I was buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Doop

Just give the surveyor the number and be done with it... theres no 'rule' common sense should prevail

Advertisement