Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wiring a bluetooth module into car radio, issue with switching between radio and blue

Options
  • 08-02-2019 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

I have an old Blaupunkt Radio in my 91 VW golf. I have purchased a Bluetooth module from eBay and I have wired the line out from this into the Left and Right inputs to the amplifier that would normally be used for the outputs from the cassette player. The pre-amp for the cassette player is still wired in also, although the tape reader is disconnected.

From the data sheet for the radio, I can see that when a tape is inserted, the audio source should switch from radio to tape. Here is a link to the data sheet. On page 5 of the linked PDF, on the top right of the sheet you can see the switching circuit for the audio inputs. I have wired my Bluetooth L and R inputs into R1304 and R1305. The input MS is set high when a tape is inserted into the radio.

The problem that I am having is that the two audio sources are playing through the speakers at the same time.

I have a few theories as to why and wanted to see what others thought:
    1. The pre-amp for the cassette player is still connected and is interfering with the switching circuit?
    2. The signal from the Bluetooth module isn't the same voltage as the pre-amp for the cassette so the switching circuit isn't functioning correctly?
    3. Maybe I need to wire the Bluetooth module line out into the cassette pre amp?

I have some more testing to do this evening, it was getting late and I ran out of time, but if anyone has any thoughts on this I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks, Dave

Advertisement