Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on small camera with manual controls for running

Options
  • 07-02-2019 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Looking for some recommendations for a small camera with some manual controls (iso, AV, TV) that will produce reasonable results. Currently have Pentax K5ii DSLR with a range of F2.8 lenses. It's just too big to be carting about around mountain trails when out for a run. Always take it when walking or with the family but when running it adds a significant weight to the back pack.

Something to look for second hand would be good as the budget will be fairly low. Mostly for landscapes so wide angle to standard FOV would be good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

You could try something like a Sony A6000 or Fuji XT-2 maybe. If you had a pancake lens, they'd be very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭oinkely

ill google those.

Leaning towards a sony rx100, probably an older one second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Canon M100 with 22mm pancake lens.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

oinkely wrote: »
    ill google those.

Leaning towards a sony rx100, probably an older one second hand.

I think the rx100 is a great option. I have the mark 1 camera and it is a great one to just throw in the bag. Light and captures great images.

I think the rx100 is a great option. I have the mark 1 camera and it is a great one to just throw in the bag. Light and captures great images.

Chasing a second hand one at the moment. MK1 comes in on budget and is cheap enough that if I fall in a river I won't cry for too long.

• Advertisement

Picked up a RX100 Mk2 and have to say it is a solid little thing. All the manual controls you could ever need and a very capable zoom range. Looking forward to giving it a good try out.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

oinkely wrote: »
    Picked up a RX100 Mk2 and have to say it is a solid little thing. All the manual controls you could ever need and a very capable zoom range. Looking forward to giving it a good try out.

Super camera, enjoy and hopefully you get some nice snaps!

Advertisement