Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trackman @ the range

Options
  • 07-02-2019 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey golfers of the BOARDS.IE,
    Anybody know of driving ranges that have trackman. I read that in England it is getting popular and would be interested in paying for this service without getting a lesson. thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

GUI academy at Carton House probably your best bet I would think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

liam1204 wrote: »
    Hey golfers of the BOARDS.IE,
    Anybody know of driving ranges that have trackman. I read that in England it is getting popular and would be interested in paying for this service without getting a lesson. thanks.

I pressume you are talking about Trakman Range, if so there are no installations in Ireland yet. I know that there are some venues looking at it and TopTracer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

Drynam Park Golf Centre, near Swords and Malahide have one. I don't know if you can just rent time with it or if it's just for use with lessons.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

The range in Athlone Golf Academy (Ran by Pro Golf) uses it with the two lads who give lessons there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Cork Golf Centre in Inniscarra have one. Not sure of pricing but may be available for hire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

I cannot post links with my account yet. But if you go to "mytrackman.com/public/locator" you can find on a map all the Trackmans anywhere in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭liam1204

OS_Head wrote: »
    I cannot post links with my account yet. But if you go to "mytrackman.com/public/locator" you can find on a map all the Trackmans anywhere in the world.

Thanks all, just had a look at the public locator, 2 up at Celbridge Driving range that I will look at.
    Would like a service where you could hire a bay in a driving range with trackman built in without a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

liam1204 wrote: »
    Thanks all, just had a look at the public locator, 2 up at Celbridge Driving range that I will look at.
    Would like a service where you could hire a bay in a driving range with trackman built in without a lesson.

A very expensive piece of kit to leave unattended by pro/owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

golfguy1 wrote: »
    A very expensive piece of kit to leave unattended by pro/owner.

they are around 20k a piece last i heard? which is probably why so few places have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

woodyg wrote: »
    they are around 20k a piece last i heard? which is probably why so few places have them.

Young lad hitting balls at driving range had one in Carton. Put it in his bag when he left. Some pocket money there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Worked with a lady who put in a complete putting and chipping green for the young lad, why not and good luck to them

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

pakman wrote: »
    Young lad hitting balls at driving range had one in Carton. Put it in his bag when he left. Some pocket money there!

There's cheaper alternatives, may not be 100% accurate like trackman. I think trackman needs to be installed and needs a bit of setup. So it's more likely the las had something else that's mobile and about 1/50th the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

I'd suspect it was something like the swing caddie launch monitor which is €300 so a little bit cheaper........

Well the GUI academy is in Carton, so if its a young, up & coming kid, who is playing in Junior teams, there is a good chance that he could have been loaned a unit to take out on the range.

I know from playing with some of the juniors on occasion in my own place that they are very well looked after & resourced if they are playing at the top end.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

woodyg wrote: »
    I'd suspect it was something like the swing caddie launch monitor which is €300 so a little bit cheaper........

No it was genuine trackman. I recognised the orange square design. He had a great swing on him though and they probably have some great players there who would genuinely benefit from that investment I imagine.

They 100% have the units available for use in Carton.

I got a gift a year or so ago.

It was for a Lesson, a trackman combine test & range access.

Pro had the Trackman set up for the lesson. Once the lesson was done, he set up the trackman for the combine test, and left me on my own to complete it. Once I'd completed the test, he showed me how to use the Trackman & left me to use the Trackman myself to do a bit of gap testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,088 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

RoadRunner wrote: »
    There's cheaper alternatives, may not be 100% accurate like trackman. I think trackman needs to be installed and needs a bit of setup. So it's more likely the las had something else that's mobile and about 1/50th the price.

No install or setup really required with a trackman, you can normalize or not for temp & altitude etc but its not something that you need to constantly adjust.
    You just plonk it down a couple of feet behind the ball and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

GreeBo wrote: »
    No install or setup really required with a trackman, you can normalize or not for temp & altitude etc but its not something that you need to constantly adjust.
    You just plonk it down a couple of feet behind the ball and away you go.

Never used one myself. But surely u need a laptop/iPad setup to see results and also change club selection as u go through your bag

Advertisement