Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with neighbour - forestry work

Options
  • 06-02-2019 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

As the title reads having an issue with a neighbour. We started a small amount of forestry work (picking up old trees that had fallen down, felling about 5 medium sized trees that have been stunted due to being in a water logged area). We are actually following a very hands off approach to the forest and only clearing this one area as it has become a waterlogged swap.

The issue with the neighbour, we heard through an other member of the community that she is giving out stink about what we are doing and believe she might be going to report us to the council. We have a felling licence to do this sort of work and like I mentioned above we are practicing continuous cover/regenerative forestry and this is actually the only piece of the forest that will be touch by machinery.

How to deal with this type of situation. Would it be wise to stick the felling licence outside the front of the property so the neighbour can see this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭Melodeon

Once you're happy that you're onside with the Forest Service with what you're doing, I'd be inclined to ignore it.
    You've only heard through a third party that the neighbour has an issue and who knows how well that reflects reality.
    Let them waste their own and the Council's time if they wish.
    I wouldn't be posting a personal official document in public view for all to see either.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭$kilkenny

If you look up the felling section on the DAFM website you can download a copy of a Site Notice for timber felling. We have to put one up outside every site a week before harvesting work commences, basically it notifies the locals that something will be happening.

As part of the felling act in 2014 you should have this notice up already before any work starts but I would put it up and back date it. You won't have any problems from anyone and the nosy neighbours have no say.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 forestlover

Cheers lads. I will take note of the Site Notice for any future work, the work only lasted 1 & half days so its over with now. Just frustrating to hear this sort of feedback from a neighbour considering they know nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What exactly is she giving out about?

Advertisement