Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 acres site

Options
  • 05-02-2019 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭

So I am now researching what I will do with the 20 acres which I will be taking over in January.

It's sloping and picturesque( excellent land) and will mainly be a hay meadow. It already has some native trees on the large stream/river that borders it. ( Ash, Holly, old Willow Grove,, alder,birch). I need to look into it more and may add some quaking Aspen. (There is also a very small wet field that I can play with. Maybe Downy Birch.)

I want to plant some trees in the fields. Say 5 per acre. These will be spaced out. These will be the focal points.

I am thinking Scots pine or oak?

Any suggestions? Native only.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Defunkd

Can you find any truly native Scots Pine?

Seeing as you only want native trees, i'll withold my opinion on decoration/focal points.

Advertisement