Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Mumbai flight

Options
  • 05-02-2019 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

https://www.secretflying.com/posts/dublin-ireland-to-mumbai-india-for-only-e359-roundtrip/

Fly from Dublin, Ireland to Mumbai, India for only €359 roundtrip with Air France.

DEPART:
    Dublin, Ireland

ARRIVE:
    Mumbai, India

RETURN:
    Dublin, Ireland

DATES:
    Availability from September to November 2019

Example dates:
    3rd-17th Sep
    9th-23rd Sep
    10th-23rd Sep
    10th-24th Sep
    11th-24th Sep
    11th-25th Sep
    12th-25th Sep
    12th-26th Sep
    16th-30th Sep
    17th-30th Sep
    17th Sep – 1st Oct
    22nd Sep – 5th Oct
    23rd Sep – 7th Oct
    24th Sep – 7th Oct
    25th Sep – 8th Oct
    25th Sep – 9th Oct
    30th Sep – 14th Oct
    1st-14th Oct
    9th-22nd Oct
    9th-23rd Oct
    21st Oct – 4th Nov
    22nd Oct – 4th Nov
    22nd Oct – 5th Nov
    23rd Oct – 6th Nov

and more…

STOPS:
    Paris

AIRLINES:
    Air France

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Sensational price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

You have to transit CDG. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You have to transit CDG. :(

It's on the way..... And minor inconvenience considering the price.

Wouldn't be my cup of tea. I absolutely hate the place.

• Advertisement

No longer available!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

No longer available!

That was quick!

I suspect that 201 from Cork was an error fare that was quickly spotted and withdrawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

This seems to be still available. Other airlines as well, KLM and Lufthansa. Cork from 198. Might even be able to get it cheaper as that was going to Amsterdam and CDG on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Don't forget your visa, mandatory for visitors that are not Indian nationals. It's €109 and a right pain to fill in. Visited last year so thankfully off my bucket list

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Connrang wrote: »
    Don't forget your visa, mandatory for visitors that are not Indian nationals. It's €109 and a right pain to fill in. Visited last year so thankfully off my bucket list

The official e-visa system is simple enough. I used it a just before christmas with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Connrang wrote: »

I used an e visa. I don't remember the price but I certainly didn't pay anything close to €109.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

This seems to be still available. Other airlines as well, KLM and Lufthansa. Cork from 198. Might even be able to get it cheaper as that was going to Amsterdam and CDG on the way back.

That rate appears to be for 1 adult and one child

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Just booked from Cork, back in to Dublin . Bargain

It will be interesting to see if the fare is honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    That rate appears to be for 1 adult and one child

1 adult and 1 infant. Any other combination works out to usual 5-600 range.

positron wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what happens when someone appears without the infant.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Jet airways is the operating carrier. With the current crisis of Jet Airways on-board, book with your fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

It appears to me that this only applies to the Cork flights, as posted by Glanman, who used 1 infant, 1 adult in the his example. I think Skyscanner calculates the per person rates as the fare divided by two, when in fact is only a nominal rate for the infant.

The Dublin flights are for 2 adults - 360 each.

From what I see, Jetair does not have good reviews online, for the most part.

We applied for the evisas a few years ago and had no problem. Little bit time-consuming but straight-forward enough. I think we paid about 50€ but it may have gone up since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭positron

Tippgirl74 wrote: »
    The Dublin flights are for 2 adults - 360 each.

Can you please share what was the dates for that price?

Looking to get 2 adults and 2 kids to India and back August, this thread is timely.

• Advertisement

Can you please share what was the dates for that price?

Looking to get 2 adults and 2 kids to India and back August, this thread is timely.

I just checked the dates in the link to skyscanner in the first post. Its telling me there are 9 seats left at 361 euro. The original post that I copied from secretflying.com says September to November so not sure about August...

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Just as a word of caution as mentioned up thread - Jet Airways are completely knackered - they are paying their staff in stages, have had planes taken back for not paying leases etc..

There is a meeting at the end of the month regarding investment plans with state banks and other airlines (Ethiad)

This fare dumping looks like a scramble for cash. It could go either way and is probably worth a punt if booking with credit card protection but make sure to book refundable or pay on arrival car hire/hotels etc..

Vayama.ie

Plan your Easter Holiday now and take advantage of an exclusive
    €20 DISCOUNT on any flight departing from Ireland!*

Use voucher code: EASTER20IE

Sale Period: February 6-8th, 2019

Travel period: is up to you!

Discount is applicable per order on one-way, round-trip and multi-stop flights.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yea it’s per person and the infant would normally be free so really it’s €400 something. I’ve often got flights to India in October for around that. The evisa price is going up all the time. I’ve a long term visa so haven’t been keeping up with it, but I believe it’s €80 something now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Wouldn't fly Jet Airways, they are a struggling entity.

I worked in Mumbai for a while (about 4 years ago) stayed in the Grand Hyatt, 5 star deluxe, probably one of if not the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Can't praise the hotel enough.
    Mumbai tho, wow. It's not for the faint hearted, if you have never been to an improvised city before, then don't go to Mumbai. Some of the humanitarian atrocities to it citizens are horrendous.

If you are planning to take up this offer, research the air line and read accounts of Mumbai. I would suggest you park any liberalism views and look at it purely from empirical data and rational mindset. If you are female really consider a safety!!

As a male, I never really felt my safety was at risk (most of Indian co-workers said it was cause I was white)
    We where there with a black guy from New York, he had it rough.
    Before I arrived 6 girls were sent home due to some mob frenzy grouping on one of them (white British girl)

I don't often share my experiences when it's overwhelming negative. But I'll never visit Mumbai,and am sorry I had to spend time there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Wouldn't be my cup of tea. I absolutely hate the place.

Sure you could pay into the lounge, with the saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

dory wrote: »
    Yea it’s per person and the infant would normally be free so really it’s €400 something. I’ve often got flights to India in October for around that. The evisa price is going up all the time. I’ve a long term visa so haven’t been keeping up with it, but I believe it’s €80 something now at least.

Ya I paid 80 Euro last August for the Visa

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Ya I paid 80 Euro last August for the Visa

I think currently it's $80 that comes around €55.

Advertisement