Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Electronic handbrake and hill-hold during test

Options
  • 05-02-2019 1:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am booked to do the test in a few weeks and unfortunately the only car available to take it in is one with an electronic handbrake and hill hold.

I don't like using it but I am trying my best to learn as I learned on a traditional handbrake set up.

Does somebody know what happens in the test with these cars? What you have to do and not do?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Mokuba wrote: »
    Hi,

I am booked to do the test in a few weeks and unfortunately the only car available to take it in is one with an electronic handbrake and hill hold.

I don't like using it but I am trying my best to learn as I learned on a traditional handbrake set up.

Does somebody know what happens in the test with these cars? What you have to do and not do?

You will have it easier. You can use the electronic handbrake with hill hold no problem, this takes away any worry with rolling back and just leaves you having to worry about observation. I would say that you should practise as much as you can using this automatic handbrake and hill hold to be as comfortable as possible.

Advertisement