Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reuse Interlogix 868 Sensors from Simon XT

Options
  • 05-02-2019 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

It is possible to reuse Interlogix sensors with a new system.

I’ve a former PhoneWatch Simon XT alarm with GSM module. I tried numerous time to factory reset the panel, removing power, battery, pressing the special button combo but no luck. Even tried with the GSM module removed but no joy.

There are loads of window, door and motion sensors, which would be great to reuse. I thought of trying to reverse engineering the wireless protocol of the sensors with an SDR, but it would probably be arduous.

So I am wondering if there is any new alarm panel I could get with self monitoring where I could reuse all the existing 868MHz Interlogix sensors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

DigiNick wrote: »
    It is possible to reuse Interlogix sensors with a new system.

I’ve a former PhoneWatch Simon XT alarm with GSM module. I tried numerous time to factory reset the panel, removing power, battery, pressing the special button combo but no luck. Even tried with the GSM module removed but no joy.

There are loads of window, door and motion sensors, which would be great to reuse. I thought of trying to reverse engineering the wireless protocol of the sensors with an SDR, but it would probably be arduous.

So I am wondering if there is any new alarm panel I could get with self monitoring where I could reuse all the existing 868MHz Interlogix sensors?

Panel may be factory locked.

You can use a UTC advisor panel with them sensors.
    They are 868 frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DigiNick

altor wrote: »
    Panel may be factory locked.

You can use a UTC advisor panel with them sensors.
    They are 868 frequency.

Thanks,

Kinda given up on the idea of reusing the Simon XT, don't think it particularly good for self monitoring.

In terms of using the existing sensors with an normal wired alarm panel. I believe I can use an Aritech/GE/Interlogix "RXW8OM" Quick Bridge.

Am going to look into where I can purchase one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭altor

DigiNick wrote: »
    Thanks,

Kinda given up on the idea of reusing the Simon XT, don't think it particularly good for self monitoring.

In terms of using the existing sensors with an normal wired alarm panel. I believe I can use an Aritech/GE/Interlogix "RXW8OM" Quick Bridge.

Am going to look into where I can purchase one.

You can use the quick bridge with any panel.
    The better option is to upgrade to a UTC advisor panel with 868 receiver.

Advertisement