Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling car with photo copy of Registration Cert

Options
  • 04-02-2019 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Hi guys. I'm hoping to sell my car to a dealer on Thursday. I need my registration cert but only have a photocopy of it. Will this do? what else do I need to sell the car on?
    Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,830 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is it in your name on the photocopy? If you go to motortax.ie is there a recent change of ownership registered in the last 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Yes, it is my name, I had the car for a while like 9 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say they need the official document, not a duplicate but ask them. Have you applied for a replacement? It normally only takes a few working days to arrive and you can always drop it into the dealership when you receive it.

You also need to hand over the current NCT cert with the car, if applicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Good idea. Maybe the photocopy will do till I get official document. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,179 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd talk to the dealer and explain the story to them, I'm sure they will have no problem waiting a few days for you to drop the replacement in once you get it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement