Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet for photo editing.

Options
  • 04-02-2019 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

My current laptop is on the way out, so I may soon be in the market for a new one. I don't have the space at home for a desktop and to be honest don't spend a huge amount of time at home any way.

So I'm wondering if a tablet might be a valid option as a full time photo editor? It would need to be able to handle Nikon and Fuji raw files. I don't like to heavily edit my photos, just minor corrections and born and white conversions.

Anyone have any comments/recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Microsoft Surface

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Yeah I was looking at one of them. They are extraordinarily expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

fixxxer wrote: »
    If you want a tablet that can photo edit, that's the way to go... Anything lesser specs wise, you'll only be fooling yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Nvidia maybe? Designed for gaming, so high-spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

fixxxer wrote: »

If your budget doesnt encompass an SP3 (real, not M processor) or better then abandon this idea now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭copperhead

What software will you be using, most Adobe program's seem to prefer prosessor speed and ram over a dedicated gpu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

copperhead wrote: »
    What software will you be using, most Adobe program's seem to prefer prosessor speed and ram over a dedicated gpu

At the moment I just use View NX and Fuji RAW X. I don't believe in doing heavy edits or applying filters so most of my RAW editing is basic enough. Been using Snapseed a little on Android and it seems pretty good.

Advertisement