Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Clutch issue Mk8 Honda Civic

Options
  • 04-02-2019 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭

I have a 2008 Honda Civic Sport, diesel model and last couple days been having issues with clutch.

Peddle has gotten softer and easier to depress to point i can push to floor and cant change gears. Yesterday i changed the clutch fluid as what was in the reservoir could only be described as watery gunk and down to just the min marker.

I cleaned out the reservoir as best as i could while my fiancee depressed the clutch, then i filled to max marker and had her pump the clutch a bit. This seemed to do the trick and the clutch got some bite back.

Went to drop herself off to bus for work this morning and the clutch peddle on floor again and cant change gears, would the cable or clutch plate be gone or possible airlock issue with hydrolic fluid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,442 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Clutch master cylinder I’d say?

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Clutch master cylinder I’d say?

That would be beyond my abilities to deal with if thats the case.

Anyone can recommend a good mechanic with fair costs in Dundalk ?

That would be beyond my abilities to deal with if thats the case.

Anyone can recommend a good mechanic with fair costs in Dundalk ?

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭w211

If fluids are ok and no air/water on the system then you have a problem with master or slave cylinder. When you last time changed the clutch, did you replaced the slave cylinder too? It is the good practice to use entire clutch kit every single time, if you changing the clutch.

w211 wrote: »
    If fluids are ok and no air/water on the system then you have a problem with master or slave cylinder. When you last time changed the clutch, did you replaced the slave cylinder too? It is the good practice to use entire clutch kit every single time, if you changing the clutch.

Got car picked up and brought to garage, was the master cylinder that is faulty and needs replacing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement