Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2010 Megane auto door unlock query

Options
  • 03-02-2019 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

My wife's Megane, recently started to act up when she is trying to open drivers door only, normally when she puts her hand into the door handle , the car unlocks as it senses the key in her bag.

Lately when she puts her hand in, the door does not unlock, if she puts her hand in the back door it unlocks all doors instantly.
    All the other 3 doors and boot, unlock instantly when she puts her hand in their handles.

Anyone had this issue before and solved it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Keyless entry sensor on the driver's door handle is iffy? It's the most used one when opening the car so maybe it's gone faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

bazz26 wrote: »
    Keyless entry sensor on the driver's door handle is iffy? It's the most used one when opening the car so maybe it's gone faulty.

Thanks, thought as much, new part is €140 ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Are the sensors between the different doors likely to actually be different? I'd research and if they arnt I'd get a passenger side one from a scrapyard/ebay

Any chance it could be just dirty and/or scratched and a clean or a new cover could fix it?

Are the sensors between the different doors likely to actually be different? I'd research and if they arnt I'd get a passenger side one from a scrapyard/ebay

The sensor is built into the inner door handle and is side specific, will check scrap yards and chance my luck , thanks

Just in case anyone else has this issue, I moved the cover for the sensor from the passenger door and also cleaned the sensor , problem seems to be solved now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement