Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What features would you like to see on Daft/MyHome.

Options
  • 03-02-2019 2:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hi

I won't be buying for a couple of years yet, but I love looking through property websites. Some features I'd love to see on the sites are

Bidding - Make an offer on the property there and then, the agent who owns the add then has a list of properties.

Rating system - I think this would be good for renting. You could get reviews by landlord/property address, and see what other peoples experience was like.

Price % change over X amount of years for similar properties.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

You won't get a ratings system, any site hosting that would want to have a good solicitor and deep pockets.

Caranica wrote: »
    You won't get a ratings system, any site hosting that would want to have a good solicitor and deep pockets.

Why? It would be no different to ebay, TripAdvisor or pretty much any site that rates it’s sellers etc. A person would have no grounds for suing the website.

This stupid American sue sue sue idea is getting into people’s heads too much here.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

A simple system for hiding offers I'm not interested in - seeing the same ads over and over again (including for a €3.5 mill mansion) is poor UX

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

being able to specify detached houses in the rental search,
    being able to search by the plot size when searching for houses for sale
    showing the exact kilometer distance of the nearest pub, shop and motorway in the ad.

Advertisement