Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New install SW10270

Options
  • 03-02-2019 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have just installed a new HKC SW 10270 system and I can add the key fobs and rd pirs ok, but I can not get the system to arm, it keeps saying open tamper RKP1, which is the wired keypad, but the keypad is all closed up.

Would reallt appreciate any assistance on this.

TIA
    Trevor
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

N10RD wrote: »
    Hi, I have just installed a new HKC SW 10270 system and I can add the key fobs and rd pirs ok, but I can not get the system to arm, it keeps saying open tamper RKP1, which is the wired keypad, but the keypad is all closed up.

Would reallt appreciate any assistance on this.

TIA
    Trevor

There is a red tamper switch on the inside of the keypad.
    Make sure this is closed and it should clear the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 N10RD

Thanks for the help. It turns out I didnt strip enough of the shield off the 4 core to the keypad and it was keeping it open just enough for the tamper switch to not engage fully.

Regards
    Trevor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭altor

N10RD wrote: »
    Thanks for the help. It turns out I didnt strip enough of the shield off the 4 core to the keypad and it was keeping it open just enough for the tamper switch to not engage fully.

Regards
    Trevor

Glad you got it sorted, any other problems let us know.

Advertisement