Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amazon Not yet dispatched

Options
  • 03-02-2019 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I was using my phone as a torch and dropped it on the water tank, so need a new phone fast!

I tried to buy an Honor 10 on amazon (10 in stock) but get the following message when I look at my orders:

Not yet dispatched
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

I emailed amazon, no reply...

Any idea what I can do or how long I cane expect to see the above message?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

It means its not in stock. You can't always rely on amazons order levels. What level are they showing now?

Don't forget its easy to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭threetrees

Get onto the Amazon chat, it's in contact us or similar, go through the motions of "the faq don't answer my query", "yes I still have a question" and eventually you'll get a chat option or "please ring me" option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,830 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I would phone them & ask for a definite date. If they can't give you one then cancel the order. This is an increasing problem & Amazon are getting very unreliable with dispatch dates. They claim quick delivery but then delay the dispatch.

If you cancel then look online as some of the chinese sites will be cheaper & offer 24 hour dhl from Europe.

Suggest that they are lying as they are showing them in stock & you may well get some compensation.

Discodog wrote: »
    I would phone them & ask for a definite date. If they can't give you one then cancel the order. This is an increasing problem & Amazon are getting very unreliable with dispatch dates. They claim quick delivery but then delay the dispatch.

They want you to sign up to Prime. With Prime I get 2 day delivery on most items the odd ones are a bit longer but the item page normally says if it will be slower.

Without Prime and if in stock I would expect that phone to take at least a week to arrive. No air mail because of the battery in it and probably at least a day maybe much longer before dispatch.

my3cents wrote: »
    They want you to sign up to Prime. With Prime I get 2 day delivery on most items the odd ones are a bit longer but the item page normally says if it will be slower.

Without Prime and if in stock I would expect that phone to take at least a week to arrive. No air mail because of the battery in it and probably at least a day maybe much longer before dispatch.

My worst & longest deliveries were when I had Prime. My main complaint was the obvious lies & deception. I emailed jeff@amazon.com & pointed out that I wouldn't of ordered had I known the real situation. Amazon agreed & gave me a €25 credit as an apology.

• Advertisement

My worst & longest deliveries were when I had Prime. My main complaint was the obvious lies & deception. I emailed jeff@amazon.com & pointed out that I wouldn't of ordered had I known the real situation. Amazon agreed & gave me a €25 credit as an apology.

I get about 1 in 5 Prime deliveries that take too long or something doesn't work out the way it should have so I go on live chat and complain and get another months free Prime. So I pay for less than half the year for Prime.

The point about Prime isn't just the delivery time its the shelf picking time. Without Prime a it can take up to 4 days before an item even ships at least with Prime it ships normally within 12 hours if it takes more than a day to ship then I just complain and get another free months Prime :D

I get about 1 in 5 Prime deliveries that take too long or something doesn't work out the way it should have so I go on live chat and complain and get another months free Prime. So I pay for less than half the year for Prime.

The point about Prime isn't just the delivery time its the shelf picking time. Without Prime a it can take up to 4 days before an item even ships at least with Prime it ships normally within 12 hours if it takes more than a day to ship then I just complain and get another free months Prime :D

Brexit might throw a spanner in the works

Brexit might throw a spanner in the works

I already get a few things from Amazon Germany and France. They use the same website description codes so I just change co.uk to de and fr to see if there is a better price.

Who knows Brexit might give us our own amazon.ie.

I already get a few things from Amazon Germany and France. They use the same website description codes so I just change co.uk to de and fr to see if there is a better price.

Who knows Brexit might give us our own amazon.ie.

I use https://www.curiua.com to check the Amazon price & I often find ebay cheaper. I would fear the an Amazon.ie would be the most expensive of all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Thanks for all the suggestions. Amazon gave me a £15 voucher and one month extra prime but still no date as to when the phone will be dispatched.

As you can imagine, not ideal! I need a phone for work.

Unfortunately, I paid in GBP, meaning I will lose about €30 from currency conversions, i.e. eur --> GBP/ GBP --> eur

still no date :eek:

edit: i have prime

• Advertisement

This sums up Amazon. I tool up their offer of a third free Prime trial.

23w9zmd.jpg

Look at the delivery times - strange idea of "priority" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Finally, phone arrived today. Honor 10 for £290, it is a pretty good deal assuming the Chinese government are not using my data to turn the world into a one party planet:eek:

Advertisement