Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2009 1.8 Avensis good idea?

Options
  • 02-02-2019 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey, so just got offered a swap for my 2010 mazda 3 diesel for a 2009 avensis 1.8 petrol new shape. Both cars have the same milage 110k. Wondering if it would be a good swap? My mazda has been an absolute pain the past year with engine swaps and clutch release bearings going etc so just want to get rid of it. Guy has it up for 3.2k for bast 2 months which seems quite cheap for a toyota? Tax is only 190 difference and insurance roughly extra 200 aswell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,438 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I’d take it, provided the Avensis isn’t a ball too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,201 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems cheap for a new model petrol Avensis even if it is 10 years old.

If it's the silver one in Longford then just be aware that the seller has a number of other cars for sale too so he may have taken the Avensis in as a trade-in and doesn't know much about it's history. Not the end of the world but just make sure somebody savy around cars has a look at it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Dkhuts

bazz26 wrote: »
    Seems cheap for a new model petrol Avensis even if it is 10 years old.

If it's the silver one in Longford then just be aware that the seller has a number of other cars for sale too so he may have taken the Avensis in as a trade-in and doesn't know much about it's history. Not the end of the world but just make sure somebody savy around cars has a look at it first.

Yeah that's the one, just checked there and it says the car changed ownership on 14th November which seems to own the car for a month and try get rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,201 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

He's just a wheeler dealer who flips cars over for a profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,926 ✭✭✭selectamatic

That silver one was sold for around €2.5k there before the Christmas. So that's the profit margin he's working off.

If the car is sound it'd be a good trade, handy way of getting shut of your own yoke. A diesel mazda of that era giving problems will continue to break your heart if ya keep it.

• Advertisement

That silver one was sold for around €2.5k there before the Christmas. So that's the profit margin he's working off.

If the car is sound it'd be a good trade, handy way of getting shut of your own yoke. A diesel mazda of that era giving problems will continue to break your heart if ya keep it.

Yeah I've had enough of diesels at this stage. Was also looking at 1.8 civics and audis/vw too. Got offered a 2009 Audi a3 1.6 petrol as straight swap so that would be a good option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Dkhuts wrote: »
    Got offered a 2009 Audi a3 1.6 petrol as straight swap so that would be a good option too.

They aren't great either, I wouldn't swap for that.

They aren't great either, I wouldn't swap for that.

They're just golfs in fancy drag. Any reason why they aren't that great? Ideally I'd go for a honda or toyota

Advertisement