Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine oil

Options
  • 02-02-2019 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I am buying parts for my boat in order to service it. The engine is an iveco aifo 8061 srm 33

I can't seem to find the correct oil when I Google this engine. Would you be able to point me in the right direction
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

pm. wrote: »
    Hi all

I am buying parts for my boat in order to service it. The engine is an iveco aifo 8061 srm 33

I can't seem to find the correct oil when I Google this engine. Would you be able to point me in the right direction
    Thanks

Did you try the Castrol website?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭pm.

Truckermal wrote: »
    Did you try the Castrol website?

Yeah it wants me to insert reg number. I haven't got one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

Sailing & Boating Forum might be worth a shot too

dmc17 wrote: »
    Sailing & Boating Forum might be worth a shot too

Will do thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

pm. wrote: »
    Hi all

Thanks

Standard 15W-40 multigrade engine oil is the correct spec to use for this engine. Best bet would be to call into an agri parts dealer/supplier and buy it in 20 litre drum as you'll probably pay more for it from an automotive factors or a boat diesel spares shop.
    The 8000 series engine has been widely used for many years in agricultural, on highway, off-highway, power generation, industrial and marine applications. Great lump and the 6 pots sound lovely too. As regards the 8061 numbering, the 80 stands for 8000 series engine, 6 is number of cylinders and the 1 is the application its used in. I don't have to hand what it is but when it had a 5 it was for agricultural applications. there usually follows a dot and 2 more numbers, eg., .05, .06, .25, the first one of these denoted whether the engine was naturally aspirated or turbocharged, 0 being NA and 2 being turbocharged and as far as I remember the final digit was the revision version or something like that.
    Useless info I know to your request but 15W-40 is the oil you need. :)

• Advertisement

Standard 15W-40 multigrade engine oil is the correct spec to use for this engine. Best bet would be to call into an agri parts dealer/supplier and buy it in 20 litre drum as you'll probably pay more for it from an automotive factors or a boat diesel spares shop.
    The 8000 series engine has been widely used for many years in agricultural, on highway, off-highway, power generation, industrial and marine applications. Great lump and the 6 pots sound lovely too. As regards the 8061 numbering, the 80 stands for 8000 series engine, 6 is number of cylinders and the 1 is the application its used in. I don't have to hand what it is but when it had a 5 it was for agricultural applications. there usually follows a dot and 2 more numbers, eg., .05, .06, .25, the first one of these denoted whether the engine was naturally aspirated or turbocharged, 0 being NA and 2 being turbocharged and as far as I remember the final digit was the revision version or something like that.
    Useless info I know to your request but 15W-40 is the oil you need. :)

Fair play to you really appreciate your help. I was looking at the these 2 https://www.adverts.ie/15534429
    https://www.adverts.ie/5593331

But based on your reccomadation I will head to an agri shop and get the 15W40. The engines sound great when going under a bridge and you give it a little throttle you can really hear the turbos..... Also has the exausts over the water so a nice hummm from them

this is what I can find on an online manual lubricants corresponding to the following international speci- fications: ACEA E3/API CF4/MIL L 2104E/F for turbocharged engi-

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

OP has a thread in boats forum, please use that
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057952286

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement