Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black cold water after boiler/heating is turned on

Options
  • 31-01-2019 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All. When I turn on my boiler, after a few hours I hear the pipes banging, and then the cold water always turns black (toilet cold tap, toilet, and electric shower). The hot water tap is oddly ok.

I'm waiting for the plumber to call to solve the problem, but it's proving difficult.

Any idea what is causing it and if there's anything I can do now to resolve it (while waiting for this plumber to come).

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Your heating system might be fed from your main cold water storage cistern with a non return valve that has failed.
    This type of system was commen a number of years ago.
    If this is the case it would be a good idea to seal your system with a mains supply and vesseĺl if possible. Or else fit a separate f&e tank in the attic.

Advertisement