Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

firestick 4k - prime video geo locked?

• 31-01-2019 1:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

is firestick 4k device geo locked?
    i am planning to buy a firestick 4k when I am in US and bring it back to Ireland to use it.
    i have amazon prime subscription .
    i was reading on reddit firetv forum that fire stick 4k is geo locked and we can't use prime video on it. is that right?
    if that is the case i will have same problem if purchased from UK as fire stick 4k is not available in ireland yet.
    anyone using fire stick 4k here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

I have the normal Fire Stick (not basic) and I cant get it to work with prime video

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

why are we penalised for having more than the "basic edition"

got this reply from Amazon CC
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble watching Prime Video titles on your Amazon Fire TV stick device.

As you're a Prime Video subscriber, you can watch Prime videos anytime, anywhere using the Prime Video app on Fire TV Stick Basic Edition or online at (https://www.primevideo.com).

Other Fire TV devices are currently not supported outside the United States, United Kingdom, Austria, Germany, India, or Japan.

**Further, on checking your account, I see that you don't have a Fire TV Stick Basic edition registered to your Amazon account.

The Fire TV devices are marketplace-specific and a Fire TV Stick purchased in the UK will only work in the UK. Hence, you cannot access Prime Videos on your Amazon FireTV Sticks purchased from UK in Ireland.

You will need to obtain a Fire TV Stick Basic Edition from Amazon.com in order to it to work and you can find this via the following link:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETRGE7M/

- This Fire TV Stick Basic edition will work worldwide.

**In this case, if you want to return the Amazon Fire TV stick (2nd Gen) item that you've purchased from Amazon.co.uk, please contact us via live medium and we'll process the return for the item and issue you refund as an exception. Then you can purchase the Fire TV Stick Basic edition and can access Prime videos on it without any issues.

Also, if you have any further questions or comments, you can reach us via phone directly at your convenient time using the link below:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/clicktocall-kindlesupport

We're sorry for any inconvenience or confusion we may have caused you regarding this.

We hope to see you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 michaelfbishop

After a lot of searching I found this workaround that has done the trick for me. It's not as pretty as the homescreen on the 4k firestick and you can't use the quicklinks and tiles you see for shows and movies but it's better than nothing.

I can't post links for some reason but if you search for 'How to watch Prime Video on Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K outside The United States' on You Tube and follow the instructions that's what I did. The video is uploaded by socializziamo.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

is firestick 4k device geo locked?
    i am planning to buy a firestick 4k when I am in US and bring it back to Ireland to use it.
    i have amazon prime subscription .
    i was reading on reddit firetv forum that fire stick 4k is geo locked and we can't use prime video on it. is that right?
    if that is the case i will have same problem if purchased from UK as fire stick 4k is not available in ireland yet.
    anyone using fire stick 4k here?

The firestick 4k works perfectly fine in Ireland for Amazon and Netflix. I got mine from the UK at Christmas when they were 30stg.

If you are a prime customer you get the matches as well. If just an Irish primevideo, you just get the primevideo., without the matches

The reason why amazon dont sell these directly to Ireland (without going through parcelmotel NI etc) is that they dont want people asking them why BBC Iplayer doesn't work etc.

Advertisement