Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you ever forgive me?

Options
  • 30-01-2019 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,296 ✭✭✭✭

I can't see a thread on this film yet.

Based on a true story.
    Just saw this tonight I thought it was excellent Melissa mccarthy and Richard E Grant absolutely terrific chemistry. I found it hugely touching and pretty funny in places.
    8/10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

Cool �� I love REG so I’m looking forward to seeing him in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,296 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cool �� I love REG so I’m looking forward to seeing him in this.
    He is fantastic in it, deserves Oscar nom imo

Very convincing drunk considering he is tee total

• Registered Users Posts: 5,828 ✭✭✭Rfrip

God I loved this. Both were brilliant in it. It really got to me in so many scenes.

Her husband pops up everywhere doesn’t he!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

See it today, two great performances, Richard E Grant is amazing in it.

Really enjoyed it, good story and I'd say McCarthy has much more breadth that people might realise.

Richard E Grant was as entertaining as you would expect him to be , and it's really lovely seeing how much he is enjoying his nominations.

But does no one think that he was just being "Richard E Grant"?
    Which is fine, plenty of room in the world for it, but not sure if he had to work too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,639 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gmisk wrote: »
    I can't see a thread on this film yet.

Based on a true story.
    Just saw this tonight I thought it was excellent Melissa mccarthy and Richard E Grant absolutely terrific chemistry. I found it hugely touching and pretty funny in places.
    8/10

I have to agree, they work so well together

• Registered Users Posts: 6,102 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Myself and girlfriend loved this, first thing I saw McCarthy in she was great.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I haven't seen this yet, but largely because I feel the trailer has given away the whole story... is it still worth seeing after seeing the trailer or are there no surprises left?

woodchuck wrote: »
    I haven't seen this yet, but largely because I feel the trailer has given away the whole story... is it still worth seeing after seeing the trailer or are there no surprises left?
    I generally avoid trailers for that reason so I am not sure.
    Tbh it isnt exactly a complex story, well worth seeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Enjoyed it.

Both McCarthy and Grant are excellent.

Both would be worthy Oscar winners.

Actually when I think of it the standard of acting throughout from the minor characters was really high.

Lee’s ex Elaine, the lady who ran the bookshop that Lee went for dinner with, the older guy she conned, all of them were great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

gmisk wrote: »
    He is fantastic in it, deserves Oscar nom imo

Very convincing drunk considering he is tee total

Very true. He plays a great lush

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,349 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Watched it a couple of weeks ago, yes it's a great film. Melissa McCarthy is very convincing in the role, and it's great to see her doing something serious for a change. Fun fact, Chris O' Dowd was originally lined up to play Richard E Grant's character!

Watched it a couple of weeks ago, yes it's a great film. Melissa McCarthy is very convincing in the role, and it's great to see her doing something serious for a change. Fun fact, Chris O' Dowd was originally lined up to play Richard E Grant's character!
    Julianne Moore was also meant to play the lead, she dropped out a week before as well.

Advertisement