Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shopping around - Digiweb FTTC - Any opinions on them?

Options
  • 30-01-2019 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Our FTTC contract with eir is about to run out and I was just looking around at other alternatives. I've had no issues with eir, other than the usual impossibly difficult to reach customer care, but from a technical point of view it's worked as expected.

We were with Sky previously and came back to Eir due to Sky's relatively poor backhaul. I found the connections were noticeably more contended and ping times were definitely worse. Eir's fine on both of those.

I haven't heard wonderful things about Vodafone, but I was wondering about Digiweb as an alternative. Anyone any experience of them?
    The Fritzbox looks good, but is their ISP service good?

Also their statement on FUPs and limits is quite confusing. Is the service actually unlimited or is it subject to a tight FUP?

Also Siro's likely to become available in our area, so I'm not too keen to tie myself into another Eir contract.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Never had and Issue Fritzbox is great so is there customer service never had an issue with FUP or Service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

How's the ping and backhaul ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Ping of around 10ms Back hall seams up to the job never hesitation streaming or using games consoles

Advertisement