Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somtner&Ockenfus rifle

Options
  • 30-01-2019 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,946 ✭✭✭✭

A rather unique bullpup design rifle that worked by using the pistol grip to eject and reload in a straight pull motion. They were apparently somewhat popular here in Ireland before the 2008 CJA made them restricted. Anyone ever use one, own one, shoot one??

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Never seen one, its similar to certain bull pup'ish designed shotguns.

I would have mistakenly thought it was a rimfire until I can across this vid.

https://youtu.be/GOrVd1gwRvc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Sommer & Ockenfus?

Be VERY rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

37 seconds into the video "The grip repeating rifle is provided with a totally new safety concept firing is only possible when the grip safety is actuated":D
    F*ck me and here i thought thats been around for over 100 years:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Co-rect. The Colt M1911 had it in, uh, 1911. However I bleeve that it's an innovation where a LONG arm is concerned.

Advertisement