Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice ground coffee

Options
  • 29-01-2019 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good generic ground coffee.

I got a new coffee machine and using pre ground coffee.

I picked up a pack of bewleys in dunnes and it’s awful.

Looking for just a decent everyday coffee I can pick up in supermarket

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

In a supermarket I think the best you'll do is the Lavazza Oro, I've found it ok in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

In a supermarket I think the best you'll do is the Lavazza Oro, I've found it ok in the past.

Thanks. I bought a bag of ponaire yesterday as they are local. The bewleys is awful and I found it clogging up the machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Which supermarket has Ponaire?

Which supermarket has Ponaire?

I live near where they roast the beans and their cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,641 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Ask in a Starbucks Café for a bag of their House Blend and ask them to grind it for you, (in accordance with whatever means you use for brewing)

I don't care for their cafés but their coffee is very good for home use - aromatic and mellow (Store in an airtight tin!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I live near where they roast the beans and their cafe

No supermarket coffee of any kind is ever going to come within an asses roar of boutique small batch single origin freshly roasted and ground coffee beans.
    If Ponarire is local enough for to you pop in now and again during the course of your normal day to day activities, I recommend that you never ever again venture into the coffee section of a supermarket. :D

Melodeon wrote: »
    No supermarket coffee of any kind is ever going to come within an asses roar of boutique small batch single origin freshly roasted and ground coffee beans.
    If Ponarire is local enough for to you pop in now and again during the course of your normal day to day activities, I recommend that you never ever again venture into the coffee section of a supermarket. :D

Probably the reason the bewleys tastes **** now xxxx.

I picked up a bag of their connoisseur veld and it’s beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 19,624 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The blue Lavazza is also nice, think it is called Crema y Gusto. Tesco regularly 3 packets of Lavazza for the price of two. Think Dunnes do promotions on them too but not as often.

Illy is another good supermarket pick though it is pricey at €9/250g

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

Someone recommended it to me and I find it way too strong/rough whatever you want to say about it.

I bought an aeropress and am too on the look out for an average coffee I can buy easily

• Registered Users Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭emo72

I use Starbucks pikes brew. It's fairly expensive, but it's the only one that hits the spot for me and the offspring. There's a coffee roasting place in celbridge, I'd love to know if they have an equivalent so I could buy in bulk. Everyone's taste is different, so it's hard to come to a consensus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

You're near Ponaire! You'd never need to be looking at supermarket beans. They have lots of selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 desb

Looking for a good generic ground coffee.

I got a new coffee machine and using pre ground coffee.

I picked up a pack of bewleys in dunnes and it’s awful.

Looking for just a decent everyday coffee I can pick up in supermarket

Thanks

Hi Katie
    Was going to open a separate post.... Wondering if you ever discovered a really nice ground coffee. I use M&S Colombian ground & am looking for an alternative in case not available after Brexit. Tried some supermarket brands including Lavazza didn’t like them as much as the M&S.

desb wrote: »
    Hi Katie
    Was going to open a separate post.... Wondering if you ever discovered a really nice ground coffee. I use M&S Colombian ground & am looking for an alternative in case not available after Brexit. Tried some supermarket brands including Lavazza didn’t like them as much as the M&S.

I'm sticking with the ponaires and Aldis own brand for now

• Registered Users Posts: 28 desb

Will try Aldi own brand. I've tried Illy lately and its my pick so far if a bit too mild, helped by the packaging in an airtight can. However is a little expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

If you're near a proper coffee shop they will probably sell decent bags of coffee and can grind it for you. The supermarket stuff is vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ksceniaonegina

Starbucks Christmas roast

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Fantacoffee

Is supermarket coffee ever the answer, though? Same for chain cafes. If you can, I'd suggest a local roasters

Advertisement