Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OnePlus 5 not booting

Options
  • 29-01-2019 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Anyone have trouble with this phone not booting up after an update or failed update installation ?

Had this yesterday, tried everything and could only get it into fastboot mode, recovery mode not working either

Plugged into laptop and couldn't do anything either, downloaded software to try loading in a bootloader but not joy because the software is locked for that

Got onto tech support and they approved a repair for me and UPS showed up today to collect and its on it's way back to OnePlus

Anyone have above issue ? What caused it etc ?

Will OnePlus repair no questions asked since it's a software issue or will they fob me off over damage etc ?

Also how long before I get it back at an estimate if they do fix ?

Cheers all

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They'll be able to flash it. The only concern is you will lose your data on the phone. I wouldn't worry, I'd say you'll get it back in no time and in working order. I've heard a few people having troubles updating to Android 9 on the 5/5T.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

They'll be able to flash it. The only concern is you will lose your data on the phone. I wouldn't worry, I'd say you'll get it back in no time and in working order. I've heard a few people having troubles updating to Android 9 on the 5/5T.

Thankfully a lot of stuff was backed up on Google and WhatsApp so I didn't lose too much ! Using a cheap crappy Android to get me by for the moment !

I'm just very curious to how it just shat itself for no real reason and locked itself out the way it did.

And curious to see if anyone had dealt with OnePlus support before in sending a device for repair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Having terrible trouble with this issue

UPS picked up the device olby request of OnePlus. So I printed the labels and packed it correctly

That was on the 29/01/2019. Since then there has been no update from UPS and no scans on the packet on their system

I contacted UPS and they say they cannot find it. And OnePlus need to contact them to start the investigation.

I've tried OnePlus support a few times and I just get the feeling they don't understand what is actually going on and can't get solid answers from them

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this ?

Advertisement