Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T1 rifle in T3 stock

Options
  • 29-01-2019 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi all ! I am thinking of buying a T1x . My question is will the T1x fit into my spare T3 hunter stock ? I would have a nice little rimfire if it does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭zeissman

borrisboy wrote: »
    Hi all ! I am thinking of buying a T1x . My question is will the T1x fit into my spare T3 hunter stock ? I would have a nice little rimfire if it does.

You may have to remove a little wood around the mag well for the T1x magazine but other than that it will fit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

It should fit yes, if both have the same magazine and trigger inlay. best thing to do is take your stock to a dealer who has the T1 and ask to drop it into your stock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Yes, that was part of their advertising hype when it came out

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭skipking

has any dealers got the T1x in yet.

I read on two other forums where guys had to remove wood from the mag well on tikka laminated stocks so I would imagine your wood stock would be the same. Shouldn't be hard to do. The synthetic stocks should be ok.
    Some aftermarket tikka T3 stocks won't fit the T1x either. The krg bravo T3 stock is one of them. Krg are now bringing out a modified version for the T1x

• Advertisement

skipking wrote: »
    has any dealers got the T1x in yet.

They are available. I seen a few in dealers in N Ireland. You would need to ring around to See who has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

They are available. I have one in 17 hmr.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭borrisboy

nophd08 wrote: »
    They are available. I have one in 17 hmr.
    Well ! What's the verdict ?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

borrisboy wrote: »
    Well ! What's the verdict ?

I'm probably not the best qualified to give a verdict as this is my first rimfire so I've nothing to compare to.
    I got a 16" barrel. First impressions are that it's very light and the stock feels a bit cheap but it's solid. I've only put about 25 rounds through it. Hornady v max 17 grain. Bolt is smooth, magazine is good (made from plastic /polymer) and only protrudes a small amount. I've only a cheap scope and mounts at the moment so haven't been trying groups. Easily hitting a 4" spinner at 110 yards with no effort. Trigger is quite heavy out of the box but it’s fully adjustable. Definitely worth considering and it's something different from a cz. Has great reviews on other forums with most agreeing that they prefer it over the cz. Not sure what scope I'll end up buying as yet.

Advertisement