Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legality regarding snag list

Options
  • 29-01-2019 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I am buying a new build from a housing co-op and the builder has told me that he agreed with the co-op agency that one of the agencies people would do the snag list as he did not want individual people doing their own snag lists. Is this normal? Can this be contested?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It certainly isn't normal but these are slightly different circumstances. Is this co-ownership or are you buying outright from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Speak to your solicitor on both points/threads asap.

On the hot press/bin-store issue I would imagine the contract you signed was probably worded heavily in favour of the developer and so I'd be assuming that they won't rectify it. That's not to say I wouldn't kick up a fuss though and see if you get anywhere.

Not being able to hire your own snagger is just crazy imho. I definitely wouldn't stand for that. You need to be sure that they are acting on your best interests and not an agent of the developer...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dublinguy2018

L1011 wrote: »
    It certainly isn't normal but these are slightly different circumstances. Is this co-ownership or are you buying outright from them?

I'm buying it outright.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Dublinguy2018

Ronaldinho wrote: »

On the hot press/bin-store issue I would imagine the contract you signed was probably worded heavily in favour of the developer and so I'd be assuming that they won't rectify it. That's not to say I wouldn't kick up a fuss though and see if you get anywhere.

Not being able to hire your own snagger is just crazy imho. I definitely wouldn't stand for that. You need to be sure that they are acting on your best interests and not an agent of the developer...

Yeah I think i'll have to chase this further.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭mr_cochise

Not sure about the legal specifics but I would imagine that he who pays the piper calls the tune.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Ronaldinho wrote: »

This exactly. I wouldn't accept that all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

You should definitely employ your own snagger to look after your interests in YOUR PURCHASE of YOUR PROPERTY that YOU will be paying for! Tell them thanks but you have your own snagger already booked. See what their response is. If they kick up then get onto your solicitor, AFAIK you are entitled to pick your own engineer. Sounds like the builder is VERY HAPPY with the co op's snagger & doesn't want anyone rocking the boat!

Advertisement