Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Golden Retriever breeder to get a puppy

Options
  • 29-01-2019 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

Can anyone recommend me a good Golden Retriever breeder? I want to get a puppy in the next 2-3 months or so and would like to find good breeder.
    Currently living in Dublin but willing to travel wherever it needs to.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Call the breed club and they should be able to give you a list of breeders expecting puppies. :) Then once you get talking to a breeder get the parents names - you can do some detective work on google and check hip scores, make sure they're clear for PRA (eyes)..
    THEN when you get to meet the puppies you need to have your list of questions for the breeder, suss out where they're being kept ie you want them inside getting used to the noises in a house, suss out the parents - you want a calm retriever not a hyper one. You want the breeder to quiz you too and make sure you're a suitable owner. My dog's breeder turned a few people away as she didn't think they'd make good owners.

From personal experience I'd recommend at least one of the parents is a Woodmore retriever like Lucy's daddy A few boardsies have met her and (I'd hope!!) they'd vouch for how calm and relaxed she is. :o

Advertisement