Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Duplicate car key with remote function?

Options
  • 29-01-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭

Where is the best place to get a car key duplicated, it is a peugeot 206 key if that makes a difference.

I see it could be disassembled so wondered could you send off the electronic bit while still having the key to use.

s-l640.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

rubadub wrote: »
    Where is the best place to get a car key duplicated, it is a peugeot 206 key if that makes a difference.

I see it could be disassembled so wondered could you send off the electronic bit while still having the key to use.

s-l640.jpg
    Near cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Near cork?

no, I'm in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Try locksmiths in mulhuddart village.
    Autokey on the naas road.

Also gowans on the navan road.They quoted me a decent price for a non remote key for a citroen which is the same as that one.If a non remote one will do,they cost much less.

magentis wrote: »
    Try locksmiths in mulhuddart village.
    Autokey on the naas road.

Also gowans on the navan road.

cheers, I saw autokey mentioned in the motor forum. Will contact those.

Near cork?

no, I'm in dublin.
    Auto key are good,I got mine done in CORK,same company in or near Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Gowans on the Navan Road. Ask for Tony in the Parts Dept.

GavPJ wrote: »
    Gowans on the Navan Road. Ask for Tony in the Parts Dept.

thanks, I think that is where the car was bought. Pretty sure it has a gowans keyring on it.

thanks, I think that is where the car was bought. Pretty sure it has a gowans keyring on it.

Get a price and post it up here and I'll tell you if you're being robbed.

Guaranteed way more expensive- my quote from Honda ran into a few hundred for my key- got it done- rechipped etc( not a remote function)plus he cut my spare key from eBay ,for around e110,do I had a spare to open - and a spare to drive

Guaranteed way more expensive- my quote from Honda ran into a few hundred for my key- got it done- rechipped etc( not a remote function)plus he cut my spare key from eBay ,for around e110,do I had a spare to open - and a spare to drive
    Auto key , Blackpool SC Cork ,next to quick fit

• Advertisement

All depends on the manufacturer. I used to work for Citroen and Peugeot so I now what it costs and should be costing the public. Some dealers are off the scale with the "programming costs".
    Worked for Opel for a few years too and their remote key costs were a bit silly.

Advertisement