Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G Suite Alternative?

Options
  • 28-01-2019 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey guys.
    I set up a website for just something on the side. I get a job every couple of weeks, so I'm not earning huge amounts from it.

I have the website connected to G Suite and use Gmail. I have a form connected on the website so when people submit a quote request or a question through the form its forwarded to my gmail. (I can forward it to any email)
    So, I'm a bit clueless, and wondering if I could abandon G Suite due to its monthly costs and use something that's free? All I'm doing is receiving the odd email every few weeks, I'm really not getting my money's worth.

Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Does your hosting provider have email included with your hosting plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭wonga77

Zoho Mail has a free version and its a perfect alternative to gsuite imo. I use it a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭supersonic21

Axwell wrote: »
    Does your hosting provider have email included with your hosting plan?

I don't think so. It says that Google is my host, so if I were to disable G Suite, would this end the hosting?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When you set things up you would have got a domain and hosting for the website files - who did you do these through?

GSuite is a suite of apps and one of the apps is gmail. Most hosts will do website space and email hosting together, in which case you could use that for your email hosting and no longer use GSuite for your email - but it depends what your current setup is in terms of the web hosting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Google GSuite From $5/user/month
    Microsoft Office €3.40/user/month to €10.50/user/month
    ZohoMail Free (5 accounts, 5GB per user) or $3/user/month for 30GB per user
    Rackspace Email Hosting $2/user/month

You can read more about cloud email and options here: https://zapier.com/blog/best-email-hosting-services/

• Advertisement
Advertisement